Awarding ceremony of the Prize
During the Closing ceremony of the 8th World Water Forum, “Charité Chrétienne pour Personnes en Détresse (CCPD)”, that was chosen out of 144 applicants from the world after careful screening, received an award of 2,000,000 JPY from the representatives of the co-organizers and sponsors.
CCPD has demonstrated splendidly in their projects involving with community people from the initial stage to completion, which was highly evaluated by the committee and Japan Water Forum.
CCPD will carry out the project funded by the prize money from May 2018 to July 2019 in Togo, aiming to solve water issues in the country.
Kyoto World Water Grand Prize
The Kyoto World Water Grand Prize aims to praise an organization involved in grassroots activities to deal with water problems, which may serve as a model for other organizations straggling for the similar issues.
The Prize established in 2003 by the City of Kyoto and the World Water Council and has been awarded to a grassroots organization since 2006 in keeping with the World Water Forum, an international conference to be held once every three years.
Since the 4th Grand Prize in 2015, the Prize has been co-organized by the World Water Council and Japan Water Forum.
5th Kyoto World Water Grand Prize
- Co-organizers: Japan Water Forum (JWF) and the World Water Council (WWC)
- Sponsors: SHIMADZU CORPORATION, KAJIMA CORPORATION, TOKEN C.E.E. Consultants Co.,Ltd., Foundation of River & Basin Integrated Communications (FRICS), Japan Construction Information Center Foundation (JACIC), Japan Dam Engineering Center (JDEC), Japan Institute of Country-ology and Engineering (JICE), Water Resources Environment Center (WEC), PENTA-OCEAN CONSTRUCTION CO., LTD., River center of Hokkaido, KAWAI SAKUSEN KOGYO CO., LTD., and Nomurasuisan Co.,Ltd. (12 Japanese companies and organizations in random order)
- Prize: 2,000,000 JPY
Outline of the Awarding Ceremony
During the Closing ceremony of the 8th World Water Forum, CCPD, that was chosen out of 144 applicants from the world after careful screening, received an award of 2,000,000 JPY from the following representatives of the co-organizers and sponsors.
- Date: 23 March 2018
- Venue: Closing ceremony of the 8th World Water Forum
– Representatives of the co-organizers: Dr. Takemura, Chair of JWF and Prof. Braga, President of WWC
– Representative of the sponsors: Mr. Matoba, Director president of Shimadzu do Brasil Comercio Ltda.*
＊Local subsidiary of the SHIMADZU CORPORATION
– Representative of the winner organization: Mr. Tsevi, Founder of CCPD
|MC by the JWF staffs
>You can read the report of this award ceremony on the official website of WWC. (here)
Outline of the Signing Ceremony
JWF and CCPD have signed a Letter of Agreement to carry out the proposed project funded by the prize money.
- Date: 21 March 2018
- Venue: Japan Pavilion, in the EXPO of the 8th World Water Forum
– Dr. Takemura, Chair of the Japan Water Forum
– Mr. Yawo Agbeko Tsevi, Founder of the CCPD
Left: Dr. Takemura, Right: Mr. Tsevi
▼For more information about the Kyoto World Water Grand Prize, please visit the following website▼
We deeply appreciate kind understandings and support from sponsor companies and organizations, juries of prize committee, all applicants for the prize.
(Reported by Akie Gunji, Manager)
Sponsor companies and organizations
KAWAI SAKUSEN KOGYO CO., LTD., and Nomurasuisan Co.,Ltd.