Session in Myanmar Water 2016
Japan Water Forum held a session in Myanmar Water 2016, Yangon, Myanmar.
Myanmar Water 2016
Myanmar Water 2016 is the Myanmar's first dedicated water show. The 4th edition of Myanmar Water 2016 is back with more key industry players in Water and Wastewater management and sanitation from all over the world. More that 100 corporations, institutions and organizations joined in the event.
Read more about Myanmar Water 2016
Date: 22 to 22 October 2016
Venue: Myanmar Event Park (MEP) Yangon
Endorsed by: The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation Myanmar
Supported by: Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC)
The outline of the session
The session introduced Japan’s bitter experiences during the period of rapid economic growth from 1954 to 1973, as well as the counter-measurements and technologies adopted to overcome their problems. Through the session, participants had an opportunity to discuss the sustainable development of Myanmar from the viewpoint of water-related problems as well as the contribution by Japan.
Date&Time: 10am to 11am, 20 October 2016
Venue: Conference Room 1, YEP
Organizer: Japan Water Forum
- Dr. Atsushi MASUKO, President, TSS Tokyo Water Co., Ltd
- Mr. Tomoki UEMATSU, General Manager, Aqua Solution Sector, Overseas Business Division, JFE Engineering Corporation
- U. Thet Lwin, Assistant Chief Engineer, Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC)
- Mr. Kunihiro MORIYASU, Director, Japan Water Forum
- Sae ISHIHARA, Manager, Japan Water Forum
Participants: 150 people
1) Past, Present and Future of the Water Supply and Wastewater in Japan by Mr. Moriyasu
2) Experience of Water Supply in Japan and Asian Countries by Dr. Masuko
3) Experience of Wastewater Treatment in Asian Countries by Mr. Uematsu
4) Current situation of the improvement of water supply and the role of Japan's ODA in Yangon City by Mr. Thent Lwin
During the session, the importance of preliminary measures to minimize water-related damage in the rapid urbanization was recognized. Towards the sustainable development of Myanmar, further contributions by sharing knowledge and experience from Japan are highly expected.
|Session at the Conference Room 1|
We extend our gratitude to the organizer of Myanmar Water 2016, presenters, participants and those who concerned.
(Reported by Sae Ishihara, Manager)