Water and Sanitation: Message to G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit
Date: Monday,May 12th 2008
Venue: UN Delegates Room, Private Dining Room West Terrace (4th floor) in NY.
Organizers: Japan Water Forum, Asia-Pacific Water Forum, Asia Society, UNICEF,
UN Secretary General's Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation (UNSGAB),
Supporting organizations:Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations
To gain significant momentum towards the G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit and support the Government of Japan's strong stand on water
and sanitation issues, we invite you to attend the side-event for drafting the "Water and Sanitation: Message to G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit"
in consultation with Major Groups that are active in the field of water and sanitation.
13:15-13:30 Greetings and presentation on the Japanese Government's
activities in the water and sanitation sector
Dr. Takahiro Shinyo, Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary /
Deputy Permanent Representative of Japan to the United Nations
13:30-13:40 Presentation on the outcome of the 1st Asia-Pacific Water
Summit: focusing on its political impact
Ms. Taeko Yokota, Chief Programme Officer, Japan Water Forum
13:40-13:50 Presentation on the "Major Groups' Message on Water and
Sanitation to the G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit"
Mr. Oliver Cumming, Policy Officer, Sanitation & Environment, WaterAid
13:50-14:45 Interactive Panel on "Water and Sanitation: Message to G8
Hokkaido Toyako Summit"
- Ms. Suzanne DiMaggio, Director, Asian Social Issues Program,Asia Society
- Mr. Peregrine Swann, Senior Water Advisor, DFID
- Ms. Noriko Yamaguchi, Chief Officer, Japan Water Forum
- Ms. Clarissa Brocklehurst, Chief, Water and Environmental Sanitation,UNICEF
- Mr. Oliver Cumming, Policy Officer, Sanitation & Environment, WaterAid
- Ms. Margaret Catley-Carlson, Member of UNSGAB / Former Chair of
Global Water Partnership