Darvish Yu Water Fund
Darvish Yu Water Fund: the 12th Project is now ongoing!
Outline of the Darvish Yu Water Fund 12th Project
Improving living conditions through safe and clean water in Charsadda District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province
Dosehra village, Charsadda district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan
|Pakistan||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province|
April to October, 2018
Shama Social Village Development Organization
Charsada District, located in the northwestern part of Pakistan, has a higher poverty rate compared to other districts, and the average annual income of many residents is less than 20% of the national average.
Surrounded by Kabal River, Jindi canal and a tributary canal, the Dosehra village has floods in rainy season. The flood water flow into existing open wells, therefore, people have to use contaminated water from the wells or the river.
In 2010, a large number of people of the village located near the bank of these canals were severely affected by the flood. Many precious lives as well as crops, houses and drinking water resources such as wells and hand pumps were seriously damaged by the flood. Immediately after the flood, emergency aid had been done by government, international organizations and NGOs, however; most of the poorest people are still living without clean water resources. People are vulnerable to water born diseases such as diarrhea, malaria and kidney problems.
- Meeting with beneficiaries and officer from local government
- Establishment of 4 committees for the project
- Holding 2 workshops on water and sanitation
- Constructing 10 hand pumps
- Holding 2 training on operation and maintenance
- Conducting 4 clean up campaigns
- Establishment of repair fund
- Water quality test
- 50 households, 404 people will be able to use sustainable and safe water
- Outbreaks of water born diseased will be decreased.
- 10 beneficiaries will acquire knowledge and skill on operation and maintenance.
The project site
|Existing wells are prone to be contaminated due to open type|
▼For more information about the Fund and past projects, please visit the following website▼
Japan Water Forum
TEL: +81-(0)3-5645-8040 Fax: +81-(0)3-5645-8041
※Please change [at] to @