Darvish Yu Water Fund
Darvish Yu Water Fund: Report of 11th Project in Thailand
11th Project: Providing sustainable water for domestic, agricultural and drinking purpose in Sahamit Wittaya School, Mae Chaem, Chiang Mai
|Student taking part in workshop|
Sahamit Wittaya School, Tambon Ban Chan, Mae Chaem District, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
|Thailand||Chiang Mai Province|
600 students and 50 teachers of the Sahamit Wittaya School
April to December 2017
Sustainable Community Foundation (SCF)
In the project area, hill tribes are living. They are minority and make up about 1.5 percent of the total population of Thailand, however, they cannot receive enough public services such as education and medical care. Children of hill tribes in these situation go to Sahamit Wittaya School. The school depends on water from river and well for domestic, agricultural and drinking purposes. During dry season, water level of the river goes down and?available amount of water from wells is decreasing due to population grow and earthquakes.
- Meeting with school officials
- Meeting with village community
- Installing a water supply and storage system with 10 tanks and pipes for domestic and agricultural purpose
- Installing a rainwater supply and storage system with 4 tanks and rain gutters for drinking purpose
- Installing a rainwater supply and storage system with a tank and rain gutters for sanitation purpose
- Training on construction and setting gutters
- Training on Operation and Maintenance
- Holding workshop with
- Water quality test
- 600 students and 50 teachers of the Sahamit Wittaya School will be able to use sustainable water for domestic, agricultural and sanitation purpose.
- 600 students and 50 teachers of the Sahamit Wittaya School will be able to use drinking water by utilizing rainwater.
- Electricity charge for pump up ground water has decreased.
- Students, teachers, community people acquired necessary skill on construction and knowledge on importance of cooperation.
|Sahamit Wittaya School|
During the project
|Pre-survey||Construction of water storage tanks|
|Reinforcing outside of tanks||Setting gutters for wain water tank|
|Constructed rainwater tanks||Workshop with school, village community and parents|
(Reported by Akie Gunji, Manager)